Thursday, September 19, 2013

Overjoyed

I know I have not done a post in a long time.  It's been a bit crazy in my world for the past month.  But as I sit and reflect over the past couple of months it has become aware to me that I am overjoyed with life!  This summer I've watched as Caden and Tate spend time with their grandparents, cousins, and new friends.  I've listened to Caden and Tate sing-a-long to vbs songs at the top of their lungs. I laughed at Marks rants about the farm. I've celebrated with our nephew Merrick and our niece Brynn as they were baptized. I've enjoyed the Omaha zoo many times.  The only word I've been able to explain our summer. Overjoyed! Yes there have been tough days too but the good outweigh the hard days by far.
Now I've had the chance to celebrate with Mark and the boys as we go on this journey towards Mark's new call at Northwest Covenant Church in Mount Prospect I am overjoyed at how God has worked in our lives this summer.
So we moved to Arlington Heights, IL almost a month ago.  It seems like we've been here longer with all the things that have gone on.  August seemed like a tornado. Searching for all our things in Omaha to pack, a quick trip to KC to square up the movers, and  a lot of phone calls to set everything up at our house. We also tried to fit in as much time with family as possible.
I am overjoyed that our move went smoothly, that my mom could ride with Tate and I, that we all had safe travels, and to open boxes and see our stuff again. I know it's just stuff but it makes me feel home.
I am overjoyed by the blessing of Northwest Covenant Church. From the help with unpacking, cleaning, meals, stocking the pantry, to the warm welcome to the area. We've had a chance to spend a day worshipping with the church at Covenant Harbor Bible Camp on Lake Geneva.  As a family we spent a day exploring the city, riding trains and buses to see the big buildings and lake.
I am overjoyed that I got a job.  I began working at Fairview Elementary School in Mount Prospect two weeks ago as the Building Technology Coordinator.  I'm not in a classroom all day but get to work in a beautiful computer lab classroom and see the entire school throughout each week.  I started in the midst of testing so every class has had a chance to meet me.  I'm learning about all the systems, websites, and troubleshooting for all teachers.  It has been lots of fun.  It's different role for me in education being able to support the teachers and students but I am enjoying it.   The students and staff are very kind, respectful, and welcoming.
Caden has started all day Kindergarten and is loving it.  Tate is still adjusting to his school but he will get there.
Overjoyed!


"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.  My heart leaps for JOY, and with my song I praise him." Psalm 28:6-8

Chicago Skyline one of the days we've ventured into the city. 

First day of school! 

Loving playing in the sand at Covenant Harbor Bible Camp on Lake Geneva. 

Caden was enjoying swimming in the lake with his new friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment