Saturday, June 22, 2013

Baseball, Baseball, More Baseball, and dreams

It's Baseball season in Omaha!  College World Series has taken over Omaha.  I LOVE IT! My family has had tickets for the series every year since I can remember.  I remember going when I was young with my Grandma and Grandpa.  Some of the best days of summer and makes me miss my grandparents. When I was in high school I used to work at the stadium as an usher and College World Series was my favorite week to work.  Watch baseball, hang out with awesome fans, and get paid.  This is the first time in many years that I've been able to go to the games, the first time Mark and I could go together, and Caden's first series game.  This is the week in my family's summer that is all baseball. It's a little bit different atmosphere now from then, when the stadium was down by the zoo but Omaha has the same feeling.  It's an exciting time for Omaha.  If you haven't ever experienced the College World Series you really should!  Here's a little video that I found on Youtube that gives a bit of what Omaha is like during the series week! http://youtu.be/vosF5QvI03I

 I've been missing my HGTV shows and TLC shows during the series because if we aren't at the game. The game is on TV.  Don't get me wrong I love baseball and I love the series it's just sometimes I just want to watch House Hunters.  So I've been sneaking in bits and pieces of shows when I can.  I think they help me dream of places that we could be living in the future.  To dream about what our next house will look like and even how I can decorate it. To dream about where God will send us and where we will live.  As if I don't have any furniture or decorations packed away.  I'll continue to let it be a dream because I know that someday when we are where God places us I will unpack all those boxes and remember all the beautiful decorations, pictures, and memories that are in storage.  Then I won't have to dream anymore.
In all my dreaming over the last couple of weeks while watching HGTV my friend Laura sent me this devotion that she read from a friend of hers."Rest in Me, my child. Give your mind a break from planning and trying to anticipate what will happen. Pray continually, asking My Spirit to take charge of the details of this day. Remember that you are on a journey with Me. When you try to peer into the future and plan for every possibility, you ignore your constant Companion who sustains you moment by moment. As you gaze anxiously into the distance you don't even feel the strong grip of My hand holding yours. How foolish you are, My Child! Remembrance of Me is a daily discipline. Never lose sight of My Presence with you. This will keep you resting in Me all day, every day."
It reminded me that as I dream of the future God is right here.  To give my dreams and worries of the future to God.  He's got this!  
I'll continue to watch HGTV and of course I will still watch baseball.  I will just now remember to "Rest in Him" and let His grip take my dreams.  It's not easy to do but it's all I really can do right now.


 “Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes."  Matthew 6:34 (The Message) 

No comments:

Post a Comment