Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bubbles and Suckers

We have been in Omaha for little over a week now.  We've been busy!  The boys have been wanting to be outside most all the time.  The weather here besides some rain has been beautiful.  So our days and evenings are out in the backyard blowing bubbles, LOTS of bubbles!  Tate has figured out how to actually get the bubbles to work.  It's a very exciting thing for a 1 1/2 year old. 
 Caden is putting many miles on his bike! Yesterday we went to a playground area at Chalco Hills which made me miss Lake Lenexa and the playground.  So we are on a summer quest to find great parks in the Omaha area.  Today with met with a playgroup from First Covenant Church at another park Walnut Grove Park.  A great time for the boys and mommy to get to know new friends and get out of the house on such a beautiful day!  The park itself was approved by Caden.  He said, "This park is great, it has nice walking trails for my scooter and bike, and sand for Tate to play in. I like it's name too it's like Grover from Sesame Street!" I love that boy the things he says are so funny.  I think we found one park we will frequent this summer. 
Mark had several conversations with churches all over the U.S. for some pretty exciting positions.  Mark has been working out on a farm picking the suckers off a lot of tomato plants and various other farming duties. Like driving 100s of posts into the ground. He is coming home each day with tons of sermon illustrations.  I am getting a sermon daily! :)    He is getting some great talks together for the next youth group! 
I bought some material at the fabric store.  I have been determined to try to find a purse that's not too big and not too small.  It has been impossible!  So I begin my journey on Pinterest to find a pattern to use my material and make the perfect purse.  Happy sewing! 
Here is a picture of the boys today after they got their free bike helmets thanks to Kohls giveaway.  They are safe not only on their bikes but in the car! 

This is the material I've bought to make my perfect sized purse. Wish me luck! 

The Farm! 

    Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with meand you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” Matthew 11: 28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment